Monday, December 03, 2007

Bowl Mania



Man, what a crazy season of College Football. Now the Bowls are set and it's time to debate whether each team went to the right one. Before I get to "if LSU deserved to go" bit..I want to say...What the hell was West Virginia thinking????!! With that performance against Pitt they don't even deserve a BCS bowl. Trade them for Missouri...at least they put up a fight. I mean, a team that averages over 40 points a game, scores 9 against a horrible Pitt team. WVU didn't want it.

Ok, now to the National Title game. I think everyone will have an opinion on which team deserves it, but I'm going to chime in with my opinion. First of all, I really believe Kansas got ripped off more than anyone. The only difference between Kansas & Oklahoma is that the Sooner's have the history of being a good football team...that's it. With that said..it should have been 11-1 Kansas v. 11-1 Ohio St. With Kansas being disqualified for being Kansas I feel as if they got it close to right. Ohio St. was Johnny on the spot, and automatically moved up with Missouri and WVU losing, but the controversy was with who should play them...should it have been LSU, USC, Georgia, Oklahoma or VA Tech. In my opinion, out of those LSU was the right selection. Why, my reason's are below:

1) It took 6 overtimes to beat them in both of their loses.
2) They have been beat up all year and still competitive.
3) They won the SEC, Georgia did not - if Georgia had then they would be a no brainier.
4) The kicked VA Tech in the junk earlier this season.

Personally, I thought they would let USC slip in there to play for it, and I would rather see Georgia than LSU..but..that's not the case...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2836420

Now, by my calculation everyone's team made a Bowl game this year except Miami and Ole Miss..and for them I give these words of encouragement:

To Miami...you will get to play in a new stadium next year - no more stinky Orange Bowl & your team did not get in any brawls (or least none that I know of).

To Ole Miss...yes, you suck..but now your players can understand what the hell your coach is saying..meaning....I see improvement in the future.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Rebs will be a force in the SEC West next season.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I sit here eating my grapple I can't help but wonder why LSU is in the National Championship game. They don't have the best record here...... OOhhh yeah they are in the SEC, so a BCS coference member is the only team that can play for a BCS champ game. Why the hell do the rest of us even try?

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point...why do you try?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Josh Harris said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did Ole Miss try? There the laughing stock of the SEC. You better hope all that Alum money for Nutt & Nix is worth it.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Birdpoo said...

Who is your team?
Oh that's right your anonymous.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Anonymous! Best, way to be!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home