Monday, August 27, 2007

Opening Weekend: Pick'em


Finally!!! It's the opening weekend of College Football, and everyone should be getting ready to do a little tailgating. We cannot debate all the games but we can argue over who our own teams play and what the score will be, so I have posted just that and I hope I do not leave anyone out. Also, I have added a few big match-ups:

1. LSU at MS State

I think State will keep it close for about, oh, one quarter - then LSU pulls away.

Winner LSU: 38-13

2. Western Kentucky at Florida

The Gators open up with a powerhouse in the Hilltoppers. Umm, no-brainier.

Winner Florida: 6-54

3. Marshall at Miami

New Coach for Miami and the hope that he can control that team. I think he can and they should get back to winning, but I expect Marshall to give them problems early.

Winner Miami: 13-27

4. GA Tech at Notre Dame

This should be a good match-up that could go either way. Notre Dame punched Tech in the mouth last year, but I expect Tech to get some revenge on a young Irish team.

Winner GA Tech: 16-10

5. Ole Miss at Memphis

This match-up has grown over the last few years, even though Ole Miss still holds a slight advantage. Still, Memphis has a great chance of taking this one. Expect a lot of Jarvis Green-Ellis for Ole Miss and not much offense from each side (in my opinion).

Winner Ole Miss: 12-7

6. Tennessee-Martin at Southern Miss

After opening with Florida last year, I guess Bower decided to start out with an easy one. Which is fine considering their next two foes. This should be a good indication to see if this will be the year all Southern Miss fans have been looking for.

Winner Southern Miss: 7-45

7. Tennessee at California

Another good battle that could go either way. Last TN donkey punched the bears and I'm sure that left a sour taste in the mouths of the boys from Calli. The bad news is I believe TN may do it again, but in their own backyard.

Winner Tennessee: 34-20

8. Western Carolina at Alabama

Yes, the Tide open with those Catamounts of Western Carolina - a true test for the now Saban led Crimson and White.

Winner Alabama: 9-41

**Other Good Games and My Wise Picks:

Kansas State at Auburn: Auburn 17-27


Oklahoma State at Georgia: Georgia 16-17


Washington State at Wisconsin: Wisconsin 13-24


Colorado State at Colorado: Colorado State 21-20


Wake Forest at Boston College: Wake Forest 17-13


Florida State at Clemson: Clemson 17-23


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty close there buddy.
Except TN & Cal.

App State Baby!!!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home