Monday, July 10, 2006

Jeff Gordon Gets Chicagoland Win After Questionable Move


Jeff Gordon spun Matt Kenseth with four laps remaining to pick up his second win of the year. After the race Gordon insisted that it was not on purpose, and of course Matt Kenseth disagrees. Kenseth went from running 1st to finishing 21st. Not only that, with the spin, Gordon helped his teammate Johnson retain the points lead. Other drivers with good runs included Jeff Burton, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick and Dale Jr.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I don't like Gordon and I had picked Kenseth to win, I can't blame Gordon for this one. After watching the replays numerous times, it's clear that Kenseth slowed down in the turn and did not get back on the gas. He was clearly blocking, which I believe is against NASCAR's rules (could be wrong). However, even leading up to that point, it was clear that Gordon's car was better and he was going to pass him.

Also, it's pretty much a non-issue anyway, as Kenseth ran out of gas and would have ran out prior to the finish had the wreck not occurred. I think Matt was trying to do whatever he could to hold the lead, but that cost him as Jeff had the better car. I'm not a Gordon fan, but I don't think he did anything wrong there and other drivers would have done the same thing.

I'm just glad that Dale Jr. had a good day on the 1.5 mile tracks.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, brock...are you keeping up with the pick em winners??

we've had 2 winners the last two weeks and no recognition. is there like a prize at the end of the season or something???

11:42 AM  
Blogger 4thsteagle said...

Not really..I need to..start annoucing who got it right when I post the results of the race.

Josh you will have to type that over.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home