Monday, January 23, 2006

Big Changes Planned for 2007.

This morning NASCAR CEO Brian France announced various changes related to the 2007 season. The first announcement was to introduce Toyota into the sport. Toyota already competes in the Craftsman Truck Series and will make the leap to Cup and Busch in 2007, running the Toyota Camry. The second announcement was about the "Car of tomorrow", basically they wanted to give an explanation of what this new car will bring to the table. Supposable it will bring better side-by-side racing that could lead to closer finishes, it should provide better safety to the driver and cost less for owners.

Toyota coming into the Cup series in NASCAR is not a surprise to me, they have been looking to get in for a while. I don't foresee them will having an immediate impact but they should get a few of the smaller teams to convert, Bill Davis for one (He already runs Toyota in Truck series). Now...the car of tomorrow. At the present time I view the "Car of tomorrow" as a mistake. I believe it takes away some more of the uniqueness of the sport. If I wanted to watch a bunch of cars that looked the same I would watch IRL, or Champ car. With that said...we will have to see how it performs on track along side other cars before I make a final judgment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home